Did you know that photos on Instagram are not in their original size and quality?
As a mobile app, Instagram places a few limitations on photos posted on the platform, which prevents users from seeing the full-size Instagram photos posted on the platform.
Instagram allows photos with resolution as high as 1080p x 1350p, so if your photos are higher than the resolution size, it compresses your pictures and resizes them to fit its resolution size, and if it is lower than the maximum resolution, it enlarges the photos to fit its resolution size.
This adjustment affects the original size and resolution of the photos, preventing users from viewing the full-size Instagram photos.
If you want to bypass these limitations that Instagram applies to both feed photos and profile photos, read this article because I will show you how to view full-size Instagram photos and profile pictures on Instagram and how to download profile pictures.
Let’s get started,
How To View Full Size Instagram Photos (Step-By-Step)?
We will be looking at how to view full size Instagram photos. This step requires you to use your mobile browser or desktop browser. It doesn’t work on the Instagram mobile app.
Here are the steps you will need to follow to view full size Instagram pictures:
- Visit Instagram.com from your browser (mobile or desktop), and sign in to your profile.
- Now, you have to visit the profile page of the user you want to see their photos in full size. The browser won’t allow you to click on a photo that appears in the feed.
- Now, open the photo you want to see its full size
- After opening the photo, go to the address bar on your browser and add media/?size=l at the end of the URL.
For example: if the picture’s URL is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRa_g5jherg/
The modified URL will be: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRa_g5jherg/media/?size=l
- After modifying your URL, hit ENTER.
- You will be redirected to view the original full-size photo
- You can also view different sizes of the original image by adding the following text at the end of the image URL:
- media/?size=l for original size
- media/?size=m for medium size
- media/?size=t for thumbnail size
- Now, save your image by right-clicking on the image and clicking Save Image As…
How To View Full Size Instagram Profile Photo?
Instagram doesn’t allow anyone to view the full size of profile photos on the platform, so to view the full size of Instagram profile photos, you need to use a third-party platform.
In this section, I will show you how to view full size Instagram profile pictures and download them onto your device.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Option #1: Browser (PC/MAC or Mobile Browser)
This option allows you to access full size Instagram profile photos without downloading another application on your device. We will use INSTADP from Instadp.com. This tool will enable you to view all profile photos on Instagram, whether you are following those accounts or not.
Steps to follow:
- Go to your browser and type: instadp in google search
- Click on the first result
- Go to Instagram and copy the user’s username you want to view and download their profile photo.
- Please enter the username of the user you want to view their profile photo in the search bar on Instadp
- Click on full size under the profile (you will see the full original size of the profile photo)
- Click the download button below the profile photo
- Right-click on the image and click Save Image As…
You will get the exact profile picture size that the user originally uploaded.
Option #2: Mobile Device (Android or iPhone/iPad)
For the second option, you can use your mobile device, but this requires you to download a third-party app onto your device.
You need to download the Qeek for Instagram app from Play Store or App Store. The app allows you to view Instagram profile pictures in full size.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the play store or app store and download the app
- Install it onto your mobile device
- Open the app and type in the username of the Instagram user whose Instagram profile photo you want to view
- Tap on the displayed profile photo or the full-screen icon.
- You will be shown the high resolution of the profile picture.
- You can zoom image up to 400%
NB: The paid version allows you to view the images in high resolution.
You now know how to view full size Instagram photos and profile pictures of your choice. Whether you want to view pretty ladies photos, food images, wallpapers on Instagram in their original resolution, you have the solution.
From the above options on how to view full size Instagram pictures, we can see that the browser option is our best bet since it doesn’t require any third-party applications, and we can also download the image onto our device.
Do you have any methods on how to view full size Instagram photos and would like to share with us? Drop them in the comment box.
Can you see Instagram profile picture full size?
Ans: The answer to this question is Yes and No. Instagram doesn’t allow you to click profile pictures, so you can’t click and view them in full size. However, you can see Instagram profile pictures in full size with the help of a third-party website called Instadp.
How do you open full size pictures on Instagram?
Ans: To view/open full-size pictures on Instagram, sign in to your Instagram account using the browser, and visit the user’s profile; you want to view their photos in full size. Add this media/?size=l at the end of the URL, hit Enter to see the full-size photo.