Instagram is a popular and rapidly growing social media site. One of the outstanding features of Instagram is the ability to add a location to your Instagram post. You can also create custom locations for your brand and use them to drive traffic. Adding a location to your Instagram post helps boost traffic and engagement and increases your Instagram post’s discoverability.
In addition, people who are in the habit of using these can share a location name with another person and follow it for that particular location. For individual profiles, you can insert a fake Instagram location tag and fool your friends and family, so it looks like you visit the area you plan to view on your profile. The following document helps you create and use customized Location Markers on Instagram to promote your products and share photos with friends, family, and customers.
To learn how to change the location of an Instagram post, read this article to the end. I will show you the step-by-step process to change the location on your Instagram post.
How To Change the Location on An Instagram Post on Android?
Most Instagram users access the platform using their mobile devices, so starting with the most used devices is important. We will be looking at how to change the location on an Instagram post on your android device.
To change the location of an Instagram post on an android device, use the following steps:
- Locate the Instagram app on your android device and tap to open the application
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Locate the post you want to change its location
- Tap on the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of your post
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button from the drop-down menu
- Locate the ‘Add Location’ option under your profile name
- You can now add your preferred location by typing it or choosing the proposed location by Instagram.
- When you finish selecting your preferred location, click the check icon located at the top right corner
The location on your Instagram post has now changed.
If you want to change the location again due to a mistake or reasons known to you, you can follow the following steps:
- On your Instagram profile, locate the post you want to change the location
- Tap on the three-dot icon on the top right corner of the post
- Tap on the ‘Edit’ option located in the drop-down menu
- Click on the current location shown under your username
- Start typing your new location or use one of the locations suggested by Instagram
- When you finish selecting your new location, tap on the check icon to confirm your choice
How To Tag Accounts on Instagram
Tagging on Instagram or social media platforms is another strategy used when you want to get more eyes on your content and boost engagement on your post. Instagram as a social media platform also allows its users to tag accounts on their platform. If you’ve been searching for a guide on how to tag on Instagram, then don’t worry; the below steps will guide you on how to tag on Instagram.
Tagging on a post
You can tag accounts in your post, either on your pictures or in your caption. If you want to tag an account on your photo, you need to click on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of your post and tap on “Edit.” The post will now be open to editing; click on the “Tag people” tab. Now tap on the photo to tag people by typing their username.
Tagging in the comment section is called mentioning. It is also another way to tag an account on Instagram. You can mention an account in your comment section by typing ‘@’ accompanied by the account’s name (username).
Tagging on your Instagram story
You can also tag accounts on your Instagram story to get more views on your stories. To tag an account on your Instagram story, type ‘@,’ followed by the username of the account you want to tag.
FAQ About How to Change the Location of Your Instagram Post
How to change the location on an Instagram post on a PC
Instagram hasn’t rolled out this function on the PC version for now, so it is not currently possible to change the location of your post on Instagram using your PC.
Which location is best for likes and engagement on Instagram?
Apart from learning how to change the location of your post on Instagram, I know you will be curious to know which of the locations allows you to get massive likes and engagement on your post. Some of the locations I can recommend are London, Italy, New York, France, and California.
How to switch from a business account to a personal account on Instagram?
It is very easy to switch from your business account to a personal account on Instagram. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app and log in to your account.
- Go to your Instagram business profile and click on the “Menu bar” located in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” and click on the “Account” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Switch to Personal Account” tab and tap on it
- Click on Switch again to confirm.
What is a bio on Instagram?
A Bio on Instagram refers to the location on any Instagram profile where people or businesses write a short description about themselves. It is located on top of every Instagram account. Brands add their about me info and add their URL to direct their followers to their landing page.
Conclusion On How to Change the Location on An Instagram Post
You now know how to change the location on an Instagram post you create on the platform. It’s now left for you to take action and use what you’ve learned to your advantage.
The benefits of changing the location on your Instagram post are numerous, especially if you want to reach many people around the globe.
Go and give it a try and let us know your feedback.
Do you have any method you use when changing the location on your Instagram post? Let us know in the comment below.